The San Jose Business Journal recently interviewed me regarding the flash memory space. Storage has become a critical bottleneck in today’s datacenter and the migration to flash memory is a huge tidal shift that represents a multi-billion dollar market opportunity. Fusion-IO (NYSE: FIO) has achieved a $2.5 Billion+ market cap as an early leader in the space, focusing mainly on server-side PCIe flash cards. Other companies are taking a complimentary approach focusing on flash memory arrays and appliances that solve the IO /latency bottleneck of hard disk drives (spinning disks), greatly accelerating the performance of business critical applications.
- RT @omegavp: An introduction to Large Language Models -- what you need to know to understand the buzz surrounding #chatgpt, #artificialinte… 2 days ago
- RT @matt_gray_: 8 priceless websites for entrepreneurs in 2022 (all free): 6 days ago
- Good insights twitter.com/callmehouck/st… 6 days ago
- RT @omegavp: #AI working with dinosaurs? According to @TheRegister, researchers used AI to analyze dinosaur tracks, and they uncovered some… 1 week ago
- Elemental Machines raises $41 million to fuel growth prn.to/3fYo5YX @omegavp @Elemental_io #AI #IoT #DigitalHealth 4 weeks ago