The San Jose Business Journal recently interviewed me regarding the flash memory space. Storage has become a critical bottleneck in today’s datacenter and the migration to flash memory is a huge tidal shift that represents a multi-billion dollar market opportunity. Fusion-IO (NYSE: FIO) has achieved a $2.5 Billion+ market cap as an early leader in the space, focusing mainly on server-side PCIe flash cards. Other companies are taking a complimentary approach focusing on flash memory arrays and appliances that solve the IO /latency bottleneck of hard disk drives (spinning disks), greatly accelerating the performance of business critical applications.
- RT @jpalfrey: Independence Day is a time to reflect on our country’s founding values, and recommit ourselves to fostering a world in which… 1 day ago
- RT @omegavp: Google AI program things its human -- @google is confusing epistemological subjectivity with ontological objectivity. The AI… 3 weeks ago
- @jpalfrey @phillipsacademy Congratulations @jpalfrey 3 weeks ago
- RT @omegavp: Read Omega Venture Partners perspectives on how Conversational AI is transforming the future work work. Published on Forbes.… 3 weeks ago
- AI has a huge potential to shift how companies conduct business, but those that understand how to use AI are alread… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago